Tuesday 7 January 2014

Windows 7 Drag and Drop pictures into programs problem and solution!

Here's a solution to a strange problem I was having in Windows 7, if you find yourself in a similar situation it might help you out!

As an illustrator/artist I often find the need to drag pictures into my programs in Windows, unfortunately recently this stopped working for no apparent reason in Serif Page Plus X5, the software I've been using to make my comic book PDF files.

After hours of googling and trawling through the usual bunch of non-solutions, I noticed somebody mentioned if the program was running as an admin. I checked and this was the case, I turned off the run as admin checkbox and tried again, to my surprise drag and drop was restored!

I hadn't changed any settings in the program so still have no idea why it changed but I thought I'd share this in-case it helps anybody else!

No comments:

New role - Colour Flats Assistant on Tim Perkin's World's End

Posted by Wizards Keep Limited on  Tuesday, 6 October 2020