Tuesday 4 November 2014

High Spirits - a comic strip by Ric

I entered the Jameson Whiskey Bursery challenge with my Oo? cartoon strip, unfortunately it was rejected due to the target market being too young to comply with advertising rules. So over the weekend I racked my brains and literally turned to booze for a more mature cartoon strip idea. Here I present HIGH SPIRITS about a group of bottles containing real spirits. If it gets greenlit I envisage a longer story made up of multiple 3-6 panel strips taking Whiskers and Ginny and their friends on a worldwide Booze Crooze, where they will encounter dangerous dangers and Rum bottle pirates! Ahoy me mateys! Wish us luck!
A sample strip with a very lame pun!

Tidy notes and elaborate sketches!

If you like this sort of thing you might like to follow me on twitter too: @cartoonsbyRic

No comments:

New role - Colour Flats Assistant on Tim Perkin's World's End

Posted by Wizards Keep Limited on  Tuesday, 6 October 2020